Apr 27, 2010

A Little Monkey

I think my daughter's been turning into a little monkey.  She's climbing on every possible surface.  Especially plastic trucks and plastic horses. 



Do you rotate your kids' toys?  I just started a rotation with our upstairs and downstairs toys.  It's such a lifesaver!  Why haven't I done this sooner?



The little monkey is also jumping on the bed climbing on the chairs. I spy some raisins in her hand, too.  She loves them...and probably will until she realizes they're actually healthy. 



On a totally unrelated note, I entered PW's photography assignment for the first time. The category is landscapes. 


I took this in 2007 with our little point-and-shoot camera.  Kyle and I were in Santorini, and all week I had been wanting the perfect "calendar" shot.  We got a bunch of great pictures, but not quite the one I was imagining.  We stopped at a little cafe in the town of Oia for a bite to eat.  I ran to the bathroom (it was cramped and hot), then came out and he went in next.  He came out and said, "Nealy, did you look out the window?!?"  No, I hadn't.  I went back in and, there it was...my perfect "calendar" shot.  The funny part was, we had to hold our arm out the tiny bathroom window to get the shot.  I wonder how many tourists have done the same thing!  And we had to wait until the cruise boat went behind the church, so it wouldn't be in the picture.

Now that we have a little monkey, we don't go places like this... maybe again someday (and good thing they're worth it)!



I need to come up with a name for this dessert I made last month.  It's something along the lines of "Filled Angle Food Cupcakes." They're like twinkies.  Only better, if that's possible.  This picture doesn't do them justice. 


They're great with strawberries.  Don't you just love it that strawberries are in season?


I got the cupcake recipe here.


Made the batter...


Filled the cupcakes...


After baking them, I cut a little "x" in the center of each. 


Then made the filling (about 1 c heavy whipping cream, 1/2 c powdered sugar, and vanilla).  I piped the filling from a plastic bag with the tip cut off.  They ended up looking like this. 


Any ideas for a creative name?

2 comments:

Nate and Natalie said...

I don't have any creative names for the cupcakes, but they sure look oh so very yummy!

As for toys, I rotate Elyse's toys every second or third week and she falls in love with all new toys again.

Kiley said...

I just love reading your blog - and especially looking at the pictures of my cute Cal. Those cupcakes were YUMMY!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com