Mar 16, 2010

Caprese Salad

One of my favorite salads that is a cinch. I made this for Kiley's baby shower this weekend (tried to do an Italian-theme since that Kiley's favorite kind of food).  Nothing better than fresh food topped off with some fresh basil!
Caprese Salad

3 red tomatoes, thickly sliced
1 log fresh mozzerella, sliced equal width as tomatoes
basil leaves

Layer tomatoes, cheese, and basil leaves.  Just before serving, top with evoo, balsamaic vinegar (a splash), salt, and pepper.  Enjoy!

&hearts nealy

5 comments:

nick&abby said...

I LOVE caprese salad...it's like a comfort food!
tagged you, by the way...

Nate and Natalie said...

I loved it! I sure will be making this again soon. Thanks for the recipe

Misty said...

That is my absolute favorite thing to eat! I will be making this for sure!

chevysmith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chevysmith said...

YUM! Makes me excited for summer. My all time favorite summer food!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com