Jan 7, 2011

Good Morning + PW's Good Morning Muffins

Good morning!  Today is my first full day alone with the two girls.  


I had plans to go to MOPS this morning {I was so excited to show-off my new little pink bundle}, but unfortunately Callie woke up with a fever of 101.5 so we have to stay home.  So far, things are going better than expected - Callie's not acting too sick, so maybe she will get better soon.  She's eating fine but is just a little tired.  Somehow I managed to get both girls down for a nap at the same time (hence my time to blog)!  


Oh, if you want to see some pics of our Christmas, including a few of us in the hospital on the night Clara was born, click here to see my sister's blog.  Thanks Ki!  


And a friend came over and took some family pictures for us last week.  Here's a little peak of mommy and baby (so nice to have since I can't take pictures very easily of myself)!  Thanks, Annie!  Oh and another friend is making me some awesome birth announcements {see her website here}...I can't wait to see what she comes up with, and I will make sure to share them with y'all.  Thanks so much, Steph.


I have such awesome friends!




And my sweet sister-in-law Elyse {an awesome cook} brought us some muffins for the first morning we were home from the hospital.  They were sooo good, I just have to share the recipe.  They are Pioneer Woman's, and almost tasted like donuts with a subtle orange flavor.  I'm definitely making these soon, and you should too!


Picture and recipe from PW's blog.





Good Morning Muffins

  • Muffin Batter
  • 4 cups Flour
  • ½ cups Sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
  • ½ cups Shortening (can Use 1/4 Cup Shortening With 1/4 Cup Butter)
  • 2 cups Orange Marmalade
  • 1 cup Orange Juice
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla
  • 2 whole Eggs Beaten
  • _____
  • Topping Ingredients
  • ¾ cups Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
  • 1 Tablespoon (plus 1 Teaspoon) Melted Butter
  • ¼ teaspoons Salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Sift together flour, sugar, and baking powder. Place in a mixing bowl. Use a pastry cutter to mix in shortening (or butter/shortening if desired). Mix marmalade, orange juice, and vanilla in a small bowl. Pour into dry ingredients. Beat eggs and pour into the bowl. Mix all ingredients together gently, using fewer than 10 large strokes.
In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients.
Fill muffin pans with batter. Sprinkle 1 heaping teaspoon of topping ingredients over each muffin.
Bake for 20 to 22 minutes until done. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Eat warm or at room temperature.

2 comments:

wright said...

We did miss you today. Hope Callie is over this soon. The muffins sound delicious- can't wait to try them

Holmfamily said...

Hey Nealy! Ditto to what Jenny said, we did miss you today...hope that Callie feels better soon, and cannot wait to finally meet Clara. The muffins sound delicious, will have to try and make them sometime.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com