May 5, 2008

Tortilla Soup Recipe

Since today is Cinco de Mayo, a Mexican holiday, I thought I would share my recipe for Tortilla Soup. I make this pretty frequently, and it always turns out really good.



Ingredients:
1/2 T oil
½ onion, minced
1/3 green pepper, minced
1 clove garlic, minced

1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
3 cans chicken broth
1 can diced tomatoes, with juice
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can sweet corn OR 1 ear of corn, cut from cob
1 T Cumin
1 t Chili powder
Salt, to taste
Dash of hot sauce, optional

Toppings:
Tortilla chips (white or blue corn)
Chopped avocado
Sour cream
Shredded cheese
Cilantro

Directions:
Combine oil, onion, green pepper, and garlic in a saucepan until tender. Add remaining ingredients (except toppings) and bring to a slight boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes. Serve hot and top with tortillas, avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, and cilantro.

3 comments:

brianna gray said...

I think I've made your recipe before and it was super yummy!!

Unknown said...

Sounds wonderful! I'm stashing away all your recipes and plan to make all of them!

PS. I tagged you! See my blog!

Unknown said...

OOPS! I am signed in as Andy, but this is Amanda. :) Just didn't want to confuse you!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com