Mar 7, 2010

Verde Machaca Beef Enchiladas

Hi there!

I hope you are having a nice weekend...we sure are.  Callie is napping, and Kyle is finishing off the big pile of snow we had in our driveway all winter that's now half-way melted.  And tonight is pizza night and small group.  Spring is in the air!  Isn't it nice?  Sunshine, finally!  Now, if only I were tan, but that's another story.

I've had a few people ask for this recipe, so I thought I would go ahead and share it with y'all.  We've had quite a few new babies lately in our circle of friends and have been busy bringing meals to families who are too tired to cook!

So I sort of adapted a great recipe for Machaca Beef into green enchiladas.  I got the recipe for the Machaca Beef from my Aunt Cindy.  She's in Phoenix, and from what I hear, this is a pretty common Southwestern food, and that's all I know.  It kind of reminds me of the barbacoa meat at Chipotle. 





Best part of all...it's a crock pot recipe.  Just make the beef (recipe below) and put in flour or corn tortillas, top with sauce (I like the green enchilada sauce) and some cheese (I love the Mexican four-cheese blend by Crystal Farms, try it), and bake! 

Machaca Beef
2-3 lbs chuck roast or skirt steak, seared in a little oil and cut into 1-lb portions
1 large texas sweet onion, diced
1/2 green pepper, diced
4 cloves garlic, pressed
1 fresh jalepeno, diced (optional)
14 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis
1/4 c beef broth
1 T oregeno
1 T cumin
1 t hot sauce/Tabasco (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Put all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low heat, 7-8 hours or until tender.  Drain meat and shred.  Great in burritos, tacos, enchiladas, tostadas, etc.

Share and enjoy!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com