Jan 25, 2010

Birthday Girl & Pom-Poms

S tay tuned for more of this...

IMG_3555

Callie's first birthday party was a success! She had so much fun and we are so thankful for family that made such a big effort to come.

We'll leave you with an easy and inexpensive party decoration:

IMG_3520

Tissue pom-poms. This is all you need {8 sheets of tissue paper or 1 small package, scissors, and a twisty-tie}.

IMG_3350

Take the eight sheets of tissue paper, 20x30 or your choice of size, stack together and starting from the narrower side, fold accordion-style.

IMG_3352

After folding, secure together in center with a twisty-tie.

IMG_3362

With scissors, cut to round the two ends {or your shape of choice, rounded or jagged}.

IMG_3363

Now pull the sheets a part on each side to make a large pom-pom.

IMG_3366

Be careful not to rip!

IMG_3368

And hang from the ceiling!

IMG_3520

IMG_3555

3 comments:

Kiki said...

I can't wait to see more pictures!

Anonymous said...

What a great blog with obviously great pictures. I am anxious to see your kitchen makeover and other posts. I've signed up to follow you, and I invite you to visit my blog and if you find anything that inspires, please do likewise.

Karie said...

Thanks for the pom pom tutorial! I can hardly wait to make these for my daughter's birthday!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com