May 18, 2010

A Tuesday

It's a Tuesday in May and finally it feels like summer!  We've been out of town and just got back last night. Callie and I visited my parents for the weekend.  It was so nice to have some extra help with the munchkin.  I got a little extra sleep, we watched a few movies and hung out with family.  My mom and I talked about design and decorating all weekend too.  They are currently building a new house, so there are lots of decisions to be made.  I'm totally itching to build a house someday, it would be so much fun. 

We discovered these slipcovers for wingback chairs at Target.com.  I think they are new.   They are twill and seem really nice - $89 each and currently free shipping. 

I think a pair of the chairs would be amazing at the ends of her dining table, similar to the picture below. 

I also convinced her to put up one of these in the dining room/eat-in kitchen.  I love sunburst mirrors, and this one is quite large so I think it will look awesome.  Thanks, mom, for letting me help with some decorating ideas!  I hope you like the mirror when it gets there, and I hope you can find a pair of wingback chairs to use the slipcovers on. 
I am really sad to report that this morning, Callie hit her head on the corner of our family room coffee table.  We have been afraid that this would happen and have been meaning to get one of these in place of our wood one because it would be much more kid-friendly. 



Unfortunately, we were too late and the damage is already done {I know you can buy things to put on the corners, but because of the shape of our table they wouldn't stay on}.  The good news is she didn't cry for too long, but it looks like it's definitely going to leave a bluish-purple bump on her foreheard.  Poor baby.  I feel so bad.

I have a wonderful MOPS group.  At this group, we have really good food too.  Last week a friend brought this yummy dessert and I have to share it with you because it was sooooo good. Tiramisu Bites.

The recipe is from Betty Crocker.

12 slices (1/4 inch think) frozen (thawed) pound cake
1/4 c water
1 1/2 t instant coffee granules
1 1/2 t rum extract
1 container marscapone cheese
1/4 c powdered sugar
1/2 c whipping cream
12 oz semisweet baking chocolate (or mini chocolate chips)

1. Line 24 mini muffin cups with petit four paper cups. Cut 2 (1 1/4-inch) rounds from each cake slice. Place 1 cake round in bottom of each cup.



2. In small bowl, mix water, coffee granules and 1/2 teaspoon of the rum extract. Drizzle about 1/2 teaspoon of the coffee mixture over cake in each muffin cup. Set aside.


3. In medium bowl, beat cheese, powdered sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon rum extract with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. In another medium bowl, beat whipping cream on high speed until soft peaks form. On low speed, beat cheese mixture into whipped cream. Spoon or pipe a rounded tablespoon whipped cream mixture into each cup, covering cake.


4. Grate semisweet chocolate over each cup. Refrigerate at least 4 hours to blend flavors. Store covered in refrigerator.


Okay, Callie just found an old piece of string cheese on the floor that she put in her mouth.  I need to go pry it out, wish me luck!  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com