Apr 18, 2008

Macaroni and Cheese

Seriously, macaroni and cheese is one of my favorite foods of all time! This is actually a relatively healthy recipe since it uses milk instead of cream and just a little butter. It's from my mom's cookbook Good For You (Cindy Rebarcak). It makes a lot, but it's good as leftovers, and kids love it (I like to make it when friends come over with their kids). Did I mention it's easy to make?

Macaroni and Cheese

12-oz package cavatappi noodles (my favorite - as pictured)
4 c whole milk
1/4 c cornstarch
1 t salt (or more as desired)
1/4 t dry mustard
dash hot sauce
dash nutmeg

4 c shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 T butter

Cook and drain macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile in very large pan, add milk, cornstarch, salt, dry mustard, hot sauce and nutmeg. Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Boil gently one minute then remove from heat. Stir in cheese and butter until melted, then mix in macaroni.

Enjoy! Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

alan and steph said...

I can't wait to try this!! Thanks Nealy

brianna gray said...

YUM! This is such a good form of "comfort food"! :)

Amanda said...

YUM! My kiddos love your mac and cheese recipe! Can't wait to try it myself! Keep the recipes coming! You're such a great cook!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com