Jan 16, 2012

6 Holiday Memories from 2011 | #3 An Advent Party!



Wow, I made it to Holiday Memory #3! I should have learned my lesson to never put a number on any blog series I'm doing, because it's no secret that I have a hard time finishing things! I'm really trying here, so hopefully we'll make it to 6 before next Christmas! :)

This December, I knew I wanted to do something similar to our Resurrection Eggs party from last Easter. This was basically a kids and moms' craft day with a holiday theme and a purpose. This year, we made Advent Calendars to count down the days until Jesus' birth.

This craft was very Pottery Barn inspired and I found some inspiration here.



I just thought I would quickly share how to do this in case you would like to host something similar for your children. First we invited 5 families and assigned that each person bring:

1 bulletin board
25 ornaments, 5 sets of 5 identical (handmade or store bought)

I supplied the muslin, batting, staple gun, paper, and pearl-end pins. Also someone brought metallic markers.

It was pretty simple- we just wrapped each board in 1 layer of batting then muslin, and stapled around the back. Then made the paper cut-outs with numbers 1-25. The kids had fun exchanging ornaments. We snapped a pictures of all the little kiddos...


And the moms, since we never get many pictures of ourselves these days. :)


And I want to give credit where credit is due. I am so thankful for my mother-in-law because she always has the best ideas, especially when it comes to activities and lessons for children. She made this craft with Callie, which I thought was so fun!

So feel free to archive this for next year and plan an Advent party of your own! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com