Oct 17, 2011

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes

Wow, I feel like it's been a really long time since I've posted a recipe on this blog. I have quite a few in my head that I want to share with you all, so today I will start with one of my new favorites. Do you ever make something and then think you want this to be one of your "classic" recipes? That was the case with these pancakes.

I'm getting ahead of myself. We recently went on a trip to Napa Valley and I noticed a theme with the breakfast menus. Ricotta Pancakes were everywhere. One little diner we visited had Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. I found a perfect recipe online (Williams-Sonoma) and made them just about as soon as we got home. Twice.

They did not disappoint (full recipe below).



I love lemon zest. I need to find more things to put it in. I've noticed the price of a whole bag of lemons (at Super Target) is about $2.50, while one lemon is $.66 I think. That's a no-brainer- buy the whole bag. they look pretty on the countertop, anyway!


Here's the ricotta, milk, eggs, and lemon zest. Egg yolks, that is-


-the egg whites go in a separate bowl so they can be frothed. I just did this with a for.


There's about a cup of ricotta in the pancakes, which makes them nice and dense...but the frothy eggs make it nice and fluffy, all at the same time.


Don't burn the pancakes. Oops.


And makes sure to have plenty of help in the kitchen! :)


Come visit our Bed and Breakfast sometime, and I will make you some Lemon Ricotta Pancakes! :)

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes (from Williams-Sonoma)

1 c ricotta (I used whole milk ricotta)
1 c milk
3 eggs, separated
zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 1/2 c cake flour (I found this in a box at Super Target)
1 T baking powder
1/4 t salt

In large bowl, whisk ricotta, egg yolks, milk, and lemon juice/zest. Add remaining ingredients, minus the egg whites, and stir until just together. In another bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy. Fold into batter. Cook pancakes on medium heat and flip until done.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com