Apr 24, 2010

Playing with Chalk

Outside!

That's where we've been lately.  I am absolutely loving this beautiful weather, and Callie is absolutely loving playing on our deck.  When we moved in, the people before us put a built-in gate on the top of the stairs, so it's the perfect play-place for the munchkin.

We had our first experience with chalk!




And I finally got around to hanging up our globe lights on our deck that I bought at an after-Christmas sale.  I'm looking forward to taking some pictures out there at night with the lights on.  I'm also looking forward to eventually getting some patio furniture out there (besides our camping chairs, I mean)!  However, it will be hard to rationalize getting new patio furniture when our (temporary) dining table was found at a thrift store for $25.  Maybe I can find some patio furniture at a thrift store too?  :)


Last week I got two HUGE bags of clothes from a friend whose daughter {Savannah} is a few years older than Callie.  This has been such a blessing to us...everything from swimsuits to pajamas to shoes!  And an added bonus, she has amazing style (both the mother and the daughter do)!  I love that she shops for her kids at H&M.  If you haven't scoped out their baby/kids' section, you might want to.  There are some cute things and great prices. 


How do you teach your kids not to eat chalk? Or crayons?  Or flowers...?


Last week, a photographer friend that I met at our MOPS group came over to give me some photography pointers.  Wow, that was so nice of her.  Are you ever just blown away at the kindness of people you don't even know that well?  I've been using all of her tips; it's been great and hopefully you will be able to see an improvement in my photos.  I've been shooting on manual for awhile now, but there are a few things (like ISO) that I didn't feel like learning.  But now I'm understanding it all more, and it's coming together!  So thank you Annie for the help!


Callie discovered her belly button.  She pulls up her shirt, pushes it and laughs really loud like she thinks it's hilarious.  I never want to forget these days. 


I don't want to ever forget how sweet you are, Callie.  I don't ever want to forget how, when I pick you up and pat your back when you are hurt or crying, that you pat my back too. 




I don't ever want to forget your sweet, slobbery kisses you give with your mouth wide open a poke your teeth into our cheeks.


You are the sweetest baby in the whole wide world.  I am loving every moment with you (well, except the major, major tantrum she had at TJ Maxx this week)!


4 comments:

Juliet Mock said...

I don't know how to get them to NOT eat chalk or crayons, etc...! Julia does the same thing when we are playing with the sidewalk chalk.

Nate and Natalie said...

Elyse too loves playing with chalk. The only way we prevented her from eating it, was the first time she did, I grabbed her chalk looked her in the eyes, and told her if she did it again she would be done. She ate it, I took it, she cried. Then I gave a little reminder before we started the next day and no chalk eating anymore. Just a suggestion, good luck.

nick&abby said...

Adelyn eats the chalk too...but she listens if I tell her "no", when she grabs a different color, the process starts over :) go figure :)

Sarah said...

Oh yes, delightfully scrumptious chalk. Who doesn't eat it? :) Roman also really enjoys blasting his taste buds with it's chalky goodness.

On another note, I tried the new html for the background pattern, and it still didn't work. :( I'm not sure if my computer/picasa recognizes the png file the image is in, nor do I know how to convert it. Any other website suggestions for patterns?
Thanks!!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com