Jul 28, 2009

My Favorite Things - Drugstore Edition

I thought I would share a few of my favorite products from the drugstore. Actually, I probably buy them at Target, but you get my drift!

First is L'Oreal's EverPure shampoo and condition. I just discovered it not too long ago, and for an inexpensive shampoo, I love it. It has a thick, creamy texture and leaves my hair super soft. I like the minty smell too, kind of reminds me of Aveda. Plus, it's sulfate-free. I think it's a knock-off of the expensive Pureology products, which makes this choice even better!


A facial moisturizer that I use daily, Garnier's Nutritioniste Skin Renew moisture lotion, Anti-Sun-Damage. There are a few reasons why I like it. First, it's oil-free and not greasy at all. It has SPF 28, but doesn't smell like sunscreen. And, it's supposed to reverse signs of sun damage. Wha-la! What more could you want?


Okay, not a drugstore product, but I love this foundation so I have to mention it. It's bareMinerals foundation. Absolutely the best I've used - very natural-looking, you can use more or less depending on the look you want, and most importantly, it doesn't make my face break-out, ever. I think just about everyone I know already uses it, but I thought I would mention this foundation because it really is the best. The one drawback? It leaves your bathroom counter, and make-up bag, pretty messy.

I've been using the Olay's Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System twice a week for over a year now. This has got to be one of my favorite products, ever. It's a little expensive, but totally worth it (and lasts quite awhile). Two products make an at-home "microdermabrasion" (like a sugar scrub), then you put this serum on top for the chemical peel. It leaves your face feeling super, super soft and smooth. The texture of my skin has probably never looked better since I've been using it. I definitely recommend it.

Last but not least is my favorite facial cleanser, Cetaphil. I seriously converted my whole entire family and they all use this stuff (not a small family). I don't even quite know why I like it except that it works, it seems to prevent breakouts, and it's gentle and non-drying without containing oil (many facial products do). It also leaves your skin super soft. I'm addicted. Make sure to get the facial cleanser, not the regular one.

Hope you enjoyed this post. What are your favorite drugstore products?

4 comments:

Kiki said...

I must try that shampoo. And the facial moisturizer. And after my face wash is gone, the Cetaphil. And maybe the Olay products too. So, yeah. I think I enjoyed it!

Marcus, Rebecca, Buddy, and Doodle said...

I think Cetaphil is even recommended for babies if they are irritated by regular baby wash. So it's twice as good! I love Bare Minerals - and I think you can get it at Target now. I need more :)

Love the post. I can always use good recommendations. Although, I have to say I love Costco's generic shampoo. It's just like the salon stuff and lasts forever (I think it's because you have to buy the shampoo and conditioner separate - and you get two of each!)

Seven Together said...

I am going to try that shampoo! I have been looking for a cheaper one for awhile now with no luck. And I have 2 girls with lots of hair! Thanks, Nealy!

The Chidisters said...

Great Post! I think I may do a similar one on our blog (if you don't mind.) I will put a link to yours on there too so people can get a double dose of great products! Also LOVE the picture of Callie at the top of your blog!!!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com