Mar 4, 2009

Life-Saving Baby Gear #3



The swaddle.

Callie just loves her swaddle, and it is well worth every penny. It instantly soothes and calms her down, and she sleeps really well in it. Before babies have control of their arms they can startle and wake themselves, so this helps her sleep better. We try to wrap her up in it at night around the time she starts to get fussy.

We have two swaddle wraps (and she's sadly outgrowing them!). The one shown is a Swaddle Me by Kiddopotamus (this one has a pouch for her feet, and adjustable velcro wings), and we also have a Halo Sleepsack (more of an "outfit" with the velcro adjustable wings, the bottom part zips open to make diaper changing easy).

Not to mention how cute she looks all bundled up like a little Eskimo baby!

3 comments:

Nate and Natalie said...

Elyse loves hers! I think it's what helped her stay asleep all night long so young. She's in the large now and I feel like I'm going to have to make one even bigger because she's so long. Therefore, I too agree, it's a wonderful life-saving baby gear.

Kiki said...

If you need a serious swaddle blanket, let me know. I bought the Miracle Swaddle blanket and it wasn't such a miracle for me. So, if you want to borrow it, and don't mind that it is green, let me know!

Kiki said...

Google the miracle swaddle blanket, you'll see what I mean by serious.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com