Jul 8, 2008

You Guessed It!

We’re pregnant!

Due January 23rd. So far, the pregnancy has been going fast. We are both so excited! And it’s so much fun to finally have the word out! We heard the heartbeat a few weeks ago, which was an amazing and emotional experience for both of us. I am so incredibly thankful for all of the love and support from friends and family! We feel that God has truly blessed us with this wonderful gift.

Just for fun, I’ll answer the top three questions I’ve been asked about my pregnancy.

Are you going to find out if it’s a girl or a boy? We want to! I can’t wait to know if we’re having a "little Kyle" or a "little Nealy"! The way we figure it, it’s still a “surprise,” no matter if you find out at the ultrasound, or at the birth. We have a few months until we can find out, so we’re enjoying the guessing!

How have you been feeling? This question is primarily asked by other moms who’ve been there and know! Up until about 9-10 weeks, I was super sick – as in always nauseous, always tired, and I had a lot of food aversions. I couldn’t even eat meat or vegetables (I normally love vegetables) for quite awhile – poor baby! Thankfully, I’ve been getting better. I’m still more tired that I think I’ve ever been in my life, but it feels great to not be sick as often. Kyle has been great through the whole process so far. I know it’s not always fun for him when I want to go to be at 8:30 when it’s still light out, but he’s been very understanding!

Have you had any cravings? That’s another question a lot of people have asked. And a good one! Because I’ve been sick, I haven’t really craved anything because I had such a hard time finding any food that sounded good - I actually lost a few pounds, which I wasn’t expecting. I know…being a picky eater has been a strange experience for me! But the one food that I relied on was fruit. I think I ate three whole cantaloupes and a whole watermelon in a matter of weeks…no kidding!

8 comments:

alan and steph said...

We are sooooo excited for you two! You both are going to be great parents. We join in your joy!

Stephanie said...

Isn't it great to hear the heartbeat? It's such a relief! It's amazing that you can hear the heartbeat so early in the pregnancy. God creation is so amazing! We are very excited for you guys!

brianna gray said...

Yay!! Congrats again :) So... January 23 is my birthday!! What a special time. I'm very excited for you guys!!

The Chidisters said...

Congrats Guys! We came across your blog through Christy's blog a while back and then saw your great news. Our daughter Abbie's birthday is on January 18th (now 18 months.) I loved being pregnant in the winter because I was always warm!!! Check out our blog if you want. Hope things continue to go well!

Amanda & Peter Chidister
http://thechidisters.blogspot.com
thechidisters@gmail.com

Kiki said...

Congrats again! The heartbeat is a wonderful experience. It is my favorite part of the doctor visit every month!

Mandi said...

Aww, I love that first heartbeat appointment! Congrats again, that is such exciting news! And you will make a very beautiful pregnant woman :-)

Amanda said...

Hey! I know I've told you this in person several times already, but I am SO happy for you and Kyle. Pregnancy is SUCH an amazing journey, so try and cherish every moment of it (though I'm not one to talk, because as you know, I didn't like being pregnant much!).

I'm also glad you're feeling better...That'll make the next 27 weeks go by much faster. :)

Thanks for coming over tonight! It was GREAT to see you guys!!!

djp said...

Congrats!!! We are keeping you all in our prayers and hoping you feel better and not so tired soon! Enjoy this happy happy time!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com