Jul 22, 2008

When you're pregnant and it's your birthday...

...you can order lots of dessert!

I had a great birthday on Sunday! Actually, it was more of a weekend-long birthday celebration! Starting earlier last week, I received b-day cards in the mail from family and friends (thank you, thank you, thank you!). As well as some super cute gifts and phone calls (thank you, thank you, thank you!).

On Saturday, my parents decided to come up to do a little shopping and take us out for my birthday! We decided on McCormick and Schmick's Seafood Restaurant on Nicollet. I love this restaurant because they have private booths, called "snugs," where you can even close the curtain if you want privacy. The food was fantastic, and we had such a great "double date!" I got the Parmesan-Crusted Dover Sole with Lemon Butter Sauce and a (virgin, of course) Mojito. Yum! Disclaimer from picture above: the dessert wasn't all for me!


Then on Sunday after church, Kyle let me pick "three things that I wanted to do" that day. Here were my three picks!

1. A day at the beach. We put on our swimsuits and packed up towels, books, and a cooler with drinks and headed for the beach at Lake Nokomis! We got Jimmy John's on the way, and had a picnic on the beach. This is one of our favorite summer hang-outs in the Twin Cities. Our time there also included laying out and reading, a walk around the lake for some exercise, then a swim to cool off. It was perfect, and I closed my eyes and imagined that I was on vacation!

2. A snowcone! Anyone that knows me knows that I love frozen sugary treats, especially in the summer. (What I really wanted was Tropical Sno, which is shaved ice that is sooo good! The cantaloupe flavor is my favorite! I haven't found one around the Twin Cities...actually, I just found the website and the nearest one is 20 miles away. Hmmm....)

3. LOST. We have been wanting to start Season 1 of this series for awhile now. Okay, so we are a couple years behind, as we are with most of our television watching. But we had a nice night just relaxing and getting hooked on the beginning of the drama. Watching these people who are stranded on a desert island makes me wonder how I would react in a survival situation like that.


Overall, I had a wonderful birthday. Thanks so much to family and friends for making it perfect!

9 comments:

Christy said...

glad to hear you had a great birthday! and sorry, i don't believe all the desserts weren't for you. :) JK. we started watching LOST online last month, and are already into season 2. it's SO addicting!! have fun!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, late!! I saw it on facebook and didn't get around to calling you. I seriously think that I love you even more now that you and Kyle are watching Lost! Oh, to watch it for the first time again!!! It's INCREDIBLE! Love ya!

alan and steph said...

so fun! I only wish I could have been a part of the birthday festivites! I'm so excited you started LOST - we love it!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday, Nealy!!! Sounds like you had a great one! When you're in Ames next we should go get a Tropical Sno together!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday! In answer to your question on my blog, we get back Saturday.

Kiki said...

Nealy, Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great day. Next birthday will be spent nursing the baby and napping!

Marcus, Rebecca, Buddy, and Doodle said...

I'm so glad you had a good bday! I started a blog - you and Christy inspired me. It's here: www.realcamccoys.blogspot.com. Check it out!

peter marie said...

Happy belated Birthday!

Mmmm...we LOVE McCormick and Schmicks. That sounds so great right now!!

Have a great weekend!

Kiley said...

Wish I could have been there, Ne! :) Did you ever think we'd be in our mid-late 20's? Holy Cow. Anyway, happy late bday.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com